Once the strap was complete, I began making the flower out of zip to attach on to it. I used a cream zip, and stitched green embroidery thread the centre of it.
So that the zip would keep it's shape, I stitched copper wire to it, as shown below.
I then manipulated the zip to form a flower, I found this bit quite tricky and fiddly as the wire was harder to bend than I thought it would be, anyway, eventually I managed to bend it to the shape I wanted it to be, and I put a few stitches in to help hold it in place.
I then stitched the flower onto the actual choker in the place I wished it to be.
So yeah, here is my final product. I don't feel that the colour scheme worked as well as I would have liked it to, however I am happy with the way the strap turned out.