Tuesday, 15 February 2011

The making of my final design. :)

I started of by creating the actual choker, I hand stitched a zip together, so that the teeth were facing outward, I then stitched green embroidery thread down the middle of them, and I attached a press-stud on each end so it would fasten up.

Once the strap was complete, I began making the flower out of zip to attach on to it. I used a cream zip, and stitched green embroidery thread the centre of it.

So that the zip would keep it's shape, I stitched copper wire to it, as shown below.

I then manipulated the zip to form a flower, I found this bit quite tricky and fiddly as the wire was harder to bend than I thought it would be, anyway, eventually I managed to bend it to the shape I wanted it to be, and I put a few stitches in to help hold it in place.

I then stitched the flower onto the actual choker in the place I wished it to be.

So yeah, here is my final product. I don't feel that the colour scheme worked as well as I would have liked it to, however I am happy with the way the strap turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment