Tuesday 8 February 2011

My chosen design.

We have created 20 designs for our accessory that must incorporate our YKK zip, we had to also take inspiration from our observational drawings, and try to include a technique from one of our workshops. 



This is my chosen final design, a choker. I took inspiration from various nature inspired surface pattern (images below, Primary sources). The actual chain will be of a zip taken apart, and put back together so that the teeth are facing outward, I will hand-stitch them together. The 'flower petals' will be made from a zip which I will manipulate to create the shape I want, and I will stitch it into place, I may need to thread copper wire through it to hold the structure and shape. In the centre of the flower I will have the slider. I may also place a lace type effect, which we learnt in one of the workshops, in the centre.





Hopefully my design will work the way I want it to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment