Thursday 27 January 2011

Current Unit: Surface Pattern

Karen Nicol

Fred Butler

Antoni Gaudi

Elsa Schiaparelli

Alison Willoughby

Fleur Schell




So our current unit is focusing on surface pattern and the decorating of an object for aesthetic value. So far I have researched into a variety of artists such as Fred Butler, Alison Willoughby, and Elsa Schiaparelli, I have thought about surface pattern around me and taken pictures of what I believe to be surface patterns, I have done observational drawings from primary sources using a variety of media and techniques, taken workshops and began my designs for an accessory that will be created incorporating a YKK zip.


This brief has got me thinking, what would life be like if we never had such thing as surface pattern, and adding a feature/detail to something to make it look nice. Would fashion or art even exist? I have never really taken into consideration the importance and how influential surface pattern truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment