Tuesday 18 January 2011

My Finished Toile/Skirt!

Finally! I have finished my skirt for the last brief! It took me a lot longer than I had imagined it would, but at least it is complete.


Front

Side

Back


Above are a few images of my Toile. It doesn't look exactly like my chosen design, I had a fair few difficulties. 
I know what your thinking, it's not exactly fashionable, well, it's not supposed to be, I was focused more on the idea of anti-fashion, breaking all the rules, and my original concept for this design, which is rebelling, anger and chaos. 
I began by ripping up scrap fabric, to represent shattered glass, as though thrown in anger. Ripping up fabric in itself  produces a very powerful feeling.I haven't used any over locking, and the rough sewing is shown at the seams as another way of showing rebellion in my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment