Wednesday 8 June 2011

Lay Plans for my Final Garment

Today I have been creating the lay plans for my final garment. This is the first time I have created a lay plan, and after today I feel that I have a better understanding of the need for them.
We use Lay plans to cut down on the wastage of fabric. This is very important in industry as every penny counts, as they produce by the masses, even a little bit of fabric wasted could become very costly.
Below are some examples of my lay plans.







Above is the lay plan for the feature on my bodice, I have drawn the same pattern out in tailors chalk multiple times to show how I will try to reduce waste.



After I had completed my lay plans, I moved on to creating my sleeve. I have cut out the pieces, ironed on the interfacing and sewed the strip in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment